So the title phrase must have caught you off guard? Why do we only say ‘love is in the air’ when figuratively as well as literally nowadays, ‘education is in the air’! Okay let us divulge, we are referring to cloud based education powered by cloud computing. Majority of us have come across terms such as Online Universities or Online Courses. Some of us have even enrolled ourselves in such degree or certification programs but unbeknownst to us, cloud computing is gradually taking over the conventional educational methods replacing pen and paper or pencil and paper with digital access. Cloud based technologies are increasingly becoming essential both inside and outside the classroom premises.
Explaining Cloud Computing
The inception of cloud based computing can be traced back to when people wanted to move on from local servers to remote based servers where they can store and transfer information and enhance connectivity overseas well. Cloud computing soon found its way into the education sector as institutions began to integrate their database servers into the cloud as well. Soon, institutions started launching online portals for their registered students, providing solutions to regular queries and problems online. Updated schedules and webinars were a few clicks away. Fast forward to present, people are studying completely online from continents apart owing to the cloud based universities online.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
While we may be taking the ubiquity of the cloud for granted, it is crucial that we delve deeper into the benefits it offers and use them to our advantage:
- Vast and Safe Storage: The cloud offers ginormous amounts of storage whereby you can save your complete textbooks, notes and all kinds of information even containing media files online as opposed to filling up bundles of paper work in storage rooms and struggling freeing up more space for more data. Moreover, the data can be encrypted and safely secured with password. While there are possibilities of security breaches, the chances are much lesser as compared to real life thefts. Multiple copies of the same file can be made into hard copies. The data is also safe from the risk of being lost as in the cases of hard drives and flash drives because hardware devices are prone to malfunction or technical errors.
- Remote based learning: Institutions can reach wider audiences by offering online courses. Students aspiring to study from a particular institution but struggling due to living overseas or far from the institution vicinity can fulfill their goals of accomplishing that particular certification or degree program. One day you’re a struggling student, the next day you can learn enough to be called the best assignment writer there is in your locality. You could be sitting in the subcontinent and availing service from a dissertation writing service UK
- Cost Effectiveness: Institutions can save up on high costs involving the setup of local IT Infrastructure for example local servers by setting up cloud based servers and by saving their information and data in the cloud server, rather than filling up storage rooms with archives. Hardware and paper costs are saved in large amounts.
- Flexibility and Efficiency: Cloud based information and portals can be updated from time to time without hurdles with wider options for customization as per the person’s requirement, which is captivating for the user and provides with a user friendly experience as well.
- Eco-friendly: Rising concerns about environmental degradation are alarming the world at a significant level and measures for environmental welfare are currently in practice. Reduction in the usage of paper to prevent the cutting of trees is being implemented, in which case cloud computing offers us a benefit with the provision of paper less documentation.
Do we need Cloud Computing?
With time, the demand for access to better education will continue to grow which is a positive statement especially considering how crucial it is to have accessible education, without which, development cannot be guaranteed. Cloud computing is pioneering in this regard as it has made education much more accessible and cost effective. The omnipresence of cloud computing has streamlined and transformed the education sector. Hopefully, more technological advances as such will continue to pave the path for more accessible education and contribute to the development of the world.